Vespa Winter Project

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fastfrog
Main scooter: T5 mk1, SS180, PX200 millenium

yeah that's a terrific winter projet!!
haven't read what top end is fitted?
Size matters!
victor
Main scooter: Tv175 but currently a SS210 :)

Where did you get the GS disk brake conversion from..? Interested in something similar for my SS...
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Engine specs. casings matched to polini 180, sip 21th clutch, standard gear box & primary, worb5 flowed crank, Pinasco lightened flywheel and stator, rd350 reeds, mmw manifold, 28mm stage6 carb & giannelli exhaust. Any pointers to change the set up feel free to point me in the right direction.

The front disc came from saigon scooters, but I have had this for a couple of years now. The first time i fitted the disc unit, it collapsed internally the bearing seized on the axle, this was a design fault by the manufacturer, I sent it to a engineer to see if he could fix it, which he did. I don't know if the problem has been sorted with the manufacturer, but there still available.
GLscoot

I have done a little more work on the build, there will be a mudguard going on but I need to work out where to cut the hole for the brake hose and I can't do that until I have attached the front brake master cylinder.
Vespa Front Disc Brake by GLscoot, on Flickr
Vespa Front Brake master Cylinder by GLscoot, on Flickr
I need to drill & thread two holes on the underside of the headset to fit the brake cylinder.
GLscoot

Fitted the fuel pump and all went well for about 5 seconds, fuel started to pour out of the brass mesh section on the top of the pump, where am i going wrong

IMG_3121 by GLscoot, on Flickr

fuel line to the left goes to the banjo tapped into the crankcase
fuel line nearest in the picture goes to the fuel tank
fuel line furthest away & slightly hidden goes to the carb

where am i going wrong. are the fuel lines on the right, on the wrong way round or have i bought the wrong pump. I need the pump as the carb sits just to high and only uses about a 1/4 of the tank before it starts to splutter. stage6 24mm carb, polini 180 matched casings, standard primary and 21th clutch, with reed valve block & giannelli exhaust.
Jack221
Main scooter: PX221

For the time and effort you are putting into this scooter, that pump doesn't look up like it's up to the job in the long term. And I always suggest to use metal spring clips on fuel lines, you never know when a cable tie will pop off and screw clips pinch the pipe.
On mine I have a Dellorto vac pump fitted out of sight under my tank. Works great and often just forget it is there ;)
Vespa est ieiunas, quia semper operaturi
GLscoot

Jack221 wrote:For the time and effort you are putting into this scooter, that pump doesn't look up like it's up to the job in the long term. And I always suggest to use metal spring clips on fuel lines, you never know when a cable tie will pop off and screw clips pinch the pipe.
On mine I have a Dellorto vac pump fitted out of sight under my tank. Works great and often just forget it is there ;)
Jack, I agree, but for £10 I thought it would be ok for the mock up (buy cheap buy often), the cable ties are not temporary. As its going into a GS I was wanting to keep the drilling to a minimum, so i am happy where the pump is at the moment. I may even run the fuel from the tank to the spare tank on the leg shield and then to the fuel pump & carburettor, not decided on this yet as I run out of fuel often and the auxiliary tank comes in handy. i have also thought of getting another auxiliary tank made to fit on the battery side. I suppose I can put the fuel lines in place and do either later on.
Are the dellorto pumps better than the Mukini ones?
GLscoot

Vespa GS by GLscoot, on Flickr

Vespa GS by GLscoot, on Flickr

Vespa GS master cylinder by GLscoot, on Flickr

Its been slow to say the least, eventually got the front mudguard clear powder coat and the two pictures show what it will finally look like as the frame is still in bare metal. The master cylinder is also in place but unfortunately the front disc hub has had to go back to the engineers as the axle is bent.
steviejambo
Main scooter: vespa 125 VNB1T

looking good , im loving the clearcoat
fastfrog
Main scooter: T5 mk1, SS180, PX200 millenium

your front master cylinder looks obviously like a rear brake MC: nice conversion indeed but is this piston the right size to cope with your disc brake caliper??
Size matters!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information