Pinking

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rapido230
Main scooter: vespa 210 & lambretta gp

Dopeshots,i'd check timing you cant rely on factory marks for stator and flywheel. I replaced stator last yr and marks were 3 degrees out. so worth checking, also check squish, who machined the head? leaks, carburation, process of elimination. I came away from a dyno with the scooter un-rideable as he set it too rich to counteract pinking with a malossi head, changed to an mmw head and altered jetting and even tho running slighty rich on main, scoot is absolutely fantastic to ride. plus i use either super or normal unleaded fuel.
dopeshots
Xbox live gamer tag: rms789
Main scooter: GP150

Out of interest you should be getting 18-19bhp @ rear wheel about 6750rpm with the RHS JL Exhaust & 30mm Dellorto Reed setup.
Hi Ian 21.7bhp at peak power.

LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I had trouble with my malossi 210 pinking and it turned out to be the Malossi Head I was using. I tryed a MMW head then a SIP head. both stopped the pinking but it ran best using the SIP one.
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

LI150 wrote:I had trouble with my malossi 210 pinking and it turned out to be the Malossi Head I was using. I tryed a MMW head then a SIP head. both stopped the pinking but it ran best using the SIP one.
same here, ditched the Malossi head for 11.5-1 SIP head, and was able to return timing to 18deg, pinking almost entirely gone now.
dopeshots
Xbox live gamer tag: rms789
Main scooter: GP150

Thanks guys, I ad been thinking about a SIP head as it happens. :bouncyeng:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information