Parmakit 184

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Muttley McLadd

Is anyone running one of these? (It's the 60 mil crank one)

I have a friend (that struggles with internet) who is interested in doing one.. Are the 20hp claims realistic?
He's thinking of using a 24 mil carb and a real exhaust - yet to be determined. It's to go in an old vespa though, so no worries about a LHS one.

ta muchly.
CakeAndArseParty
Speed Demon
Dealer

SCK have their own dyno so I guess they will have tested to get that figure. It seems plausible enough.
Get to SULK
philhnottm
Main scooter: px (s)

Ran a 177 parma , had nothing but problems with the whole set up (inc clutch see other posts)
Blew a hole in piston and been told cant get anty spare parts for upto eight weeks !!!

When (for the short time) in worked it was very quick on parr with my 210 but with far more lower end torque.

Gone back to Malossi
lozmondo

Girlfriend has a 177,just bolted on with no transfer matching, running standard 200 carb and JL right hand stainless exhaust. Just over 15 BHP.

Its proved reliable (except for chewing up a clutch side oil seal), quick and economical. Roger @ Pro Design in Littlehampton is about to build a full spec 60 mill kit for a customer, I reckon 20 bhp is achievable bearing in mind how basic my misses motor is.
Muttley McLadd

That sounds ideal. Aiming for something that's as nice to ride as my GT - ie, not up and down the gearbox all the time, and doesn't gulp fuel.
CakeAndArseParty
OzOAP
Main scooter: Vespa PTS1E

I have a Malossi 166 with 60mm crank, (all be it a P2 one), goes well. 19hp and a match for most 210's.
Dont think Parma is as revy so would defo benefit from a primary change.
Becks
Main scooter: vespa 150 super

Dunno if Roger is building more than one, but the parmakit could be mine since he has my engine. We are hoping for 20hp, let you know when it is done. Better ring him tomorrow to see if there are supply issues, not heard anything. Need exhaust advice, see separate thread. :wtf:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information