Jetting 210

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Ok troops having blown up my 172 T5 motor in the pig on the weekend I've had to accelerate fitting the 210 I need a starter for 10 jetting it.

Spec is

Malossi 210 - an old one been hoarding
60mm crank
SIP 210 head
1.5mm head gasket
Casings matched to barrel
Opened for reed - sealing pad fecked.
MRP flat reed valve below air box
SI 24 E
Polini Venturi
SIP XL pipe
P2 box with T5 fourth.
Lightened flywheel / Kytronic advance retard.
Banded clutch

Carb currently has -

Stack - AC160/BE6/MJ122
Pilot - 55/160

I'm thinking go back to BE3 mixer and maybe something like a 140 MJ

Thoughts?
Last edited by rosscla on Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Atomiser = BE6 ?

& Why you gone 1.5mm headgasket? It'll ride like a trial(dirt) bike
rosscla

BE6 is what is in the carb I have, no idea why.

According to SIP with their head, and 60mm crank -

The 57 mm version fits all shafts with original stroke. If a long stroke shaft with 60 mm stroke is used, 1.5 mm will have to be adjusted with head and or base gaskets. 1.5 mm base gasket = higher speeds, 1.5 mm head gasket = more torque. Pros adjust the 1.5 mm with a combination of thicknesses of head and base.

I was hoping for torque with that and the XL pipe
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

i tried a 1.5mm head gasket once on mine
& it was so revvy low down the fight was keeping the front wheel was on the floor...
then went with a 1.5mm packer & was loads better but the revs came in @ 60-65...
so then i ended up trying & running with a 1.2mm packer & a head gasket to give a 1.5mm squish & loads better for what i wanted ;-)
torquey azzz & pics up from 30mph right throu the box & just an all round great ride!!! " ooooh steady on"

thats all with the rotary sealing pad all in good order using a T5 24/24g carb with the jet stack = 160-BE2-128 & a 50/100 pilot & air-filter throu drilled above stack 7mm, using a PM evo exhaust

ive never setup a reed valve/venturi with std carb? but hope this helps you a bit ok
recommend to be sure you strobe your timing too m8
rosscla

Cheers for that, I've no idea how it will balance out and need it to pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

As a starting point try 45/100 or 50/100 pilot and 120/140 air corrector with a BE3 atomiser (or BE5 if it's the slide with a cutout) and approx 135 main jet.

From there it's plug chops or Dyno.

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
rosscla

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:As a starting point try 45/100 or 50/100 pilot and 120/140 air corrector with a BE3 atomiser (or BE5 if it's the slide with a cutout) and approx 135 main jet.

From there it's plug chops or Dyno.

Cheers Dan
rosscla

Ok couldn't source 45/100 or 50/100 from anywhere. Managed to get a 48/100 and a 52/100. If I understand the ratio determines weaker / leaner. So these are 2.08 and 1.92 respectively - so the 48/100 should be richer - right?

Fitted the 48/100 and the stack is as suggested 140/BE3/135. I can get it to run but it was all over the place. I've had it ticking over but quite lumpy and not it does tick out quite easily. I've fiddled with the mixture screw from right in to about 4 turns out and can't get it steady so I'm guessing a different pilot needed??

It also dies as soon as you open the throttle sharply. If you open it very slowly you can get it to rev up but it doesn't snap down clean which makes me think it's lean.

I've taken the Kytronic off meantime till I get it running even close to right.

Thoughts?
rosscla

After several hours fiddling with it I cannot seem to get it to run right with this carb and I think there's something else unbalanced as it is literally shaking bits of the bike when it is running.

I'm going to have to consider fixing up the T5 motor for now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information