Cosa clutch issues

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
lambro

GLscoot wrote:Clutch corks these days seem to be twice as thick as they should, could this be a factor. Just really throwing this in as a suggestion.
Good call, but that would give the oppsite effect, and thats what I normally have :roll:
ArmandTanzarian

The steel plates are often bent. Lay them on a sheet of glass and see if they sit flat. I had such trouble with px clutches I eventually bought one of the expensive SIP ones. Overkill for the 14HP of my engine but at least it works.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
MCH
Main scooter: street racer px

as above, always check the steel plates, iv had dodgy warped ones from DR, surflex and newfren in the past, im currently running ferodo and they seem to be really good plates
ducksta

ArmandTanzarian wrote:The steel plates are often bent. Lay them on a sheet of glass and see if they sit flat. I had such trouble with px clutches I eventually bought one of the expensive SIP ones. Overkill for the 14HP of my engine but at least it works.
old wifes tale laying it on glass
live life your a long time dead
ArmandTanzarian

Why? Glass is pretty flat.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
lambro

I use glass, and have some wet and dry taped to my garage door window for refacing Vespa heads,
Why the old wives tale??
Infact, VOSA tell us to calibrate our tread depth guages on a pane of glass at least once a month.

Spoke to supplier and sending it back, seems the overall height of the unit may be a tad too high, makes sense, I have done every other check.
7 spring on its way.
lambro

7 spring arrived, fitted and working immediately.
No trouble, just in, adjust and ride.

The hours I have wasted on two dodgy Cosa clutches doesnt bear to think about :evil:

Alls well in the end.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information