connect front brake level to rear brake light.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kejj

I'm planing to route a cable to activate the rear brake light when I'm using the front brake.
I have installed the hydraulic disc from Scootrs so it comes with the correct switch.

The question is where do the cables go on the bulb holder junction box?

I'm running 12v indian electronics.
firekdp

Connect them to the wires on the rear light switch, so the two switches are in parallel.
Honeymonster

Agree, the easiest way is to take the two wires down to the rear brake light switch wiring and splice them in, solder and seal, polarity doesn't matter.

Ian
byron
Main scooter: Li Special; scarred,but sound

the last one of these I did was on a series II, it had three wires going to the rear brake switch, one of which wasn't needed for how it was wired, so I cut this and removed the bit from here that went to the junction box originally, then connected what was left to the bulb side of the rear brake light switch, this left a wire running inside the loom up to the headset, again which wasn't needed for anything else, so I extended this to one side of the front brake light switch and then took some power for the other side from one of the live terminals on the headset junction box.

hmmm... yeah, could be easier just to join the two wires to the rear brake light switch, although the above method did save having to run any more cables down the frame.
kejj

same thing I'm trying to save me from.
I thought the rear brake light switch had a wire connected up to the bulb junction? Am I wrong?
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Take a feed from the brown on your bulb holder to one side of the new switch on the brake lever and one wire from the same switch down to either the other brake switch or right through to the bulb holder on the light if you are unsure. Hardest part is getting down the tube of the loom especially if its hard with the cold or cable tied up, I pulled mine through with a bit of mig wire
firekdp

If you haven't used an electronic loom you will have a wire spare going to the rear junction box position that you could join to the brake light wire.
kejj

Monty wrote:Take a feed from the brown on your bulb holder to one side of the new switch on the brake lever and one wire from the same switch down to either the other brake switch or right through to the bulb holder on the light if you are unsure. Hardest part is getting down the tube of the loom especially if its hard with the cold or cable tied up, I pulled mine through with a bit of mig wire
Sound like the better option of them.
Although I had hoped to be able to activate the rear brake light by just connection to the junction/bulb-holder in the headset.
Guess I'll have to do the hard work and route a cable down to the foot brake switch.
kejj

And guess what? When I got to the foot brake switch I found out it was way to tight to bother disconnecting cables there and the working position left a lot to wish for.

The solution.
I found it easier to actually route the cable all the way back to the rear light.
I connected it up with the red cable that came from the foot brake light switch and finally connected it up with the lamp.

I routed the other cable from the handlebar switch to the bulb holder junction. I connected it to the brown position and in my set up as seen in the picture above(Indian SIL electronic ignition), I choose the PINK cable to join it with since it comes straight from the regulator.

Finished it up and started the scoot up to test and YES! I have a rear brake light when I press the front brake lever.

Thank you all from the tip and I hope this thread can help people in the future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information