Eddy grimstead

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

I,m looking for any info/pics etc regarding the Eddy grimstead dealer specials........
can you help please.. :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
GPMatt

Get in contact with the FAB SC in hornchurch. One of the guys has an ss180 out of there all original. they know plenty as its their kneck of the woods. http://www.fabscooterclub.co.uk
coaster

These will get you started, taken at Mersey 2008, an Imperial I believe:

goldeneye

HIYA SEAN............(dots!) eddy grimstead is usually remembered for his hurricane GS or SS dealer specials...... but his lammy IMPERIALS are not as well known, ive got some old litrature regarding these somewhere , and will try to dig it out. like early aurthur francis scooters, they mainly went on what the pocket dictated at the time, i.e. you could have an imperial silver special, or even an li 150 with upgrades....... not all dealer specials were "top of the range" scooters. some were just pre-owned scoots brought back in by their owners for a tart up... he"s still about as a citroen dealer in london apparently. two old scooter lads from sunderland , brian stephenson and cliffy white, (both into BMW bikes now :roll: ) had SS180 hurricanes (very unusual this far north back in the day) and bragged about the 80mph top speed.......until i told them it was just a different sticker on the speedo! "knock 20mph off lads" dunno where the sooters went , but the two blokes can be found on the lash, 40 years later, in the same pubs in millfield! :lol: i"ll try and sort you the old pics.
paul lester
Main scooter: italian gp 125

GPMatt wrote:Get in contact with the FAB SC in hornchurch. One of the guys has an ss180 out of there all original. they know plenty as its their kneck of the woods. http://www.fabscooterclub.co.uk
hi he has sold it a little while ago it is in kent now i can point you in his direction if needed its still on our web site in the members scooters
paul fab sc
Juan

That Lammy in the pics belong to a lad on SBW, not sure if he's a member on here or not. He told me he has, or at least did, have the moulds for the tank / spare wheel carrier arrangement. I'll try to get ahold of him if anyone's intrested.
coaster

Juan wrote:That Lammy in the pics belong to a lad on SBW, not sure if he's a member on here or not. He told me he has, or at least did, have the moulds for the tank / spare wheel carrier arrangement. I'll try to get ahold of him if anyone's intrested.
I believe it's based on a rear mudgaurd, loks bloody nice, my photos don't really do it justice.

I used to live near to Eddy Grimsteads shop on the Eastern Avenue near Ilford. we used to cycle over there and drool over the scooters lined up on the pavement. I can't say I was aware as a spotty school kid or later even that he did 'dealer specials'. At the time, it was just the 2 tone paint jobs he did on the 2nd hand scoots he sold that caught my eye....that and the chrome 8-)
Juan

Can't say I'm a fan of the embellishers but she's a lovely scooter. Not overly keen on S3's either but if I was to have one again I'd like to have that added. I suppose it'd fit on a S1 or 2 as well which I'd be far more likely to go with given time and funds.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

thanks for the pics and info chaps.... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
cain

hi , its not based on a rear mudgaurd , its a dedicated mould i made for the part , i still have the mould . hope this helps
cain
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information