260cc options

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cezeta

hi fellas, after ten years of a ts1 which i have never thought much of i have decided that i need much more grunt.....4 stroke enduro bike grunt.

someone on the lcgb site pointed me here.

im thinking 64mm crank on a rapido 250 kit. i realise the casings need modding so ill be starting from a new sil casing or i have some jet200 casings spare.

its not for racing, it will be a tourer. im just a bit fed up with no sencible power or nothing then a pointless powerband that lasts untill the next lull in power.

i ride motorbikes too so my comparisons are biased by 100bhp+ motorbikes that make the poor old lammy feel flat.

i would be glad of some guidance from anyone with some experience or a pointer to someone that regularly does these conversions.

cheers nick
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Check this out: http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19

Others will comment also. :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Adspeed

I had a look at long stroke motors and don't think you'll get a Rapido 250 to go with a 64mm stroke properly, the port times will go through the roof.......
sean brady scooters
Dealer

just hang on a bit matey................if you can
what you need ,i think is ,the new RB 250 kit................
coming soon............watch this space............... :D
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
CT.

Isn't there a Rapido 250 'Classic' also now though ? This should have less transfer (& exh) timing making it it better candidate.
Adspeed

CT. wrote:Isn't there a Rapido 250 'Classic' also now though ? This should have less transfer (& exh) timing making it it better candidate.
This v true, I did hear a rumour of this and thought the same but have not seen any info re kit or STD port times.......you may get a 64mm stroke mother if ports times are right and recess the head.

Anybody know of the rapido 250 classic? Or even other rapido classic port times?
camel

i like the sound of this type of motor myself,id be enclined too a 250 classic,a clubman...i know dan n mr brady hate these exhausts but they dont half pull under 6-7k revs and a filtered carb with tall gearing
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

or wait for the targa twin. Thats actually in touring trim on you tube. Not race spec.
Twin cylinder lugger!
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
CT.

I'm sure we'd all love one of those - No doubt whatsoever, it's just the money......... what was it something like €8000 ?

Just think what it's going to be in pounds with the current dire exchange rate ........ Just over £6000.........

I'm not calling it expensive don't get me wrong, I think it's amazing that they've managed to finish the work that Innocenti started and make it a production item, albeit for the lucky few, after all this time (yes I know its redesigned) .... It's almost a tribute..........hats off to them 8-) 8-) ......... just sad that I wont be able to afford one ......... :( :)
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

me neither mate. But I think we should add up exactly what we spend on scooters and engines. Its all a little crazy isnt it.
I bet tino sells loads. The pub banter will be worth it alone for some.

There is the super monza too. That wont be a race motor either and I believe will be the most powerful ever bolt on kit for a lambretta ever made to date.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information