Looking for TV190 wiseco thread

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
dirtyhandslopez

I remember reading on here about a 190 piston in a TV barrel conversion, but for the life of me cannot find the thread. What I was reading must have been buried in another thread. Anyone know where in the hell the 190 Wiseco piston thread is?
That's not going anywhere...
J1MS

Last edited by J1MS on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mawso

My barrel is a TV2 Suzuki 190 conversion, with RD400 rod.

Mine isn't related to the thread you mentioned though I don't think; so not sure if I can offer you any help. Also I think my piston is Mitaka not Wiseco. But PM if I can help at all.

Cheers Stu.
Rude De
Main scooter: 69 Gp 200 65 Tv 200

Allstyles not japanese but easy peasy
Lambretta Piston Kit TV 175-200cc 65mm + Lambretta Piston Kit TV 175-200cc 65mm + Ref: 774TV

65.6-65.8 # WITH RINGS # CIR/CLIPS # GUDGEON PIN

65.8mm CONVERTS TV 175 (ONLY) TO 200cc

ITALIAN # N.O.S

Price: £45.00

Quantity

SELECT
soullad
Dealer

Rude de ...........what make are the pistons that Allstyles sell?
Thing is, the WHOLE point of any Jap conversion, and why they became popular in the first place IS using the stronger more reliable piston and rings. Thats why you often have to split cranks, change rods etc - its all about making the piston fit . The end result is building a more reliable engine using the best that is available.
If you are lucky you may find some NOS TS 185 Suzuki pistons around, esp ebay. The Mitaka is a very good Suzi pattern, but as you are probably aware the Wiseco is top quality (but more expensive). I know the German guys rave about Wossner pistons but not sure if they are available in 64 + mm with the correct crown height, peg positions etc?
Then the scope for further tuning is improved, alllowing you to open up the ports especially the exhaust to sizes that the previously available piston / rings found dificult to cope with.
dirtyhandslopez

J1MS wrote:TV 175 barrel bored to 64 mm with a Suzuki TS 185 Wiseco Piston maybe..??
That's the one I believe. Using a TV rod. 2mm base packer required?
Thanks Lads
Rude De, I'm not boring a TV barrel out to 200, unless I absolutly have to. Thin cylinder walls are not your friend. Get back over to the other place :moon: :)

I still can't find that thread though :cry:
J1MS

Last edited by J1MS on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirtyhandslopez

J1MS wrote: or a Yam rod 115mm or TV rod 116mm can be used... With these rods the barrel can still be shortened off the top and a different packer then used to suit the transfer timings of your choice...
Briliant, thank you Jims.
Customer is running just a stock 20mm carb and a big bore, nothing to fancy. He just wants reliablilty. Haven't been able to find an 62.8 piston, which is what we need and would prefer.
Is it really going to be worth the time and money to start messing with shortening when using the TV rod? I thought it would be a straight drop in, with perhaps a little packing on the bottom.
It is an original(OG as they say here) cylinder and I do have a 175 head that appears to have more room in it than the others. Of course, all ports will be smoothed and matched.
Sorry for wasting so much time on such a simple conversion...
J1MS

Last edited by J1MS on Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dirtyhandslopez

So 39-34=5mm deck difference
116-107=9mm rod difference
9-5=4mm size of packer to make it a drop in?
Really not looking for a road screaming beasty here. Don't think there will be a need for transformation. I'm thinking there'll be a little work to be done with the skirts, which is not a prob.
Rude De, where are you? Don't be shy :ninja:
Once again, I thank you Jims
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information