Very Interesting Insight to Race Team...

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Hi all,

Not sure whether this should go in the Lambretta section, General section or Product development section as it would be at home in any/all of them. However, I'm sure that everyone will be interested...

For those of you that don't visit the SULK website and news feeds yet, Sticky has written an extremely interesting 'no holds barred' behind the scenes report on the Casa Lambretta race team's exploits at Lydden Hill. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I've never been to a scooter race meeting (quite a few sprint events though), which made this behind the scenes feature a real eye opener for me. Whether you've been to plenty of races or not doesn't really matter as I've witnessed sprint bikes being worked on beneath towels, blankets, etc. so that others cannot see inside the workings of competition machines and I'm sure that racing is much the same... well, not now!

http://www.scooterlab.uk/warts-lydden-r ... casa-team/

Great photos and obvious that Sticky's photographic talents and technical knowledge combine nicely to get the most of this opportunity to see the workings within a top race team. Well done and 'thanks' to Dean too for allowing this exposure of his race team and the bikes involved. I kind of feel that I'm stealing a peek when you post photos of the ports in the barrel, the Casa casing mouth/transfer feeds, etc. :shock: It's all a little taboo!

Brilliant stuff, ta.

Adam
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Agree Adam excellent read :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

I was there. It's a great write up of a great weekend's racing.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Excellent! There's the makings of a great reality tv series in it.
Speed Demon
Dealer

paul d wrote:Excellent! There's the makings of a great reality tv series in it.
There's another episode with another 3 videos yet to be released next week.
Get to SULK
fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252

ive been to watch a few meetings this year and its very impressive , if you like fast scooters you should really get to a meeting . We are certainly in interesting times in the world of fast scooters.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Looking forward to the next episodes. That film had everyone wearing parkas and bolting on mirrors.....this film could have everyone queuing for racing leathers!
Rick
Main scooter: Jet200

Great read, I was there and managed to get very sun burnt. I'm pretty sure Vic Reeves was next to us watching
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Adam_Winstone wrote: I've witnessed sprint bikes being worked on beneath towels, blankets, etc. so that others cannot see inside the workings of competition machines and I'm sure that racing is much the same... well, not now!
Pretty much how I expected it to be when I had a go at racing, but couldn't have been more wrong. The whole paddock was open to anyone and fellow racers couldn't have been more helpful. Gaskets, jets, etc freely given to those in need. Charlie gave me a carefully selected set of clutch springs and Stuart even loaned me a spare engine .... mind you I was only a threat to whoever finished 2nd last. :lol:

If you like the techy side of scootering then going to race meets will suit you down to the ground, you'll find it at least as interesting as the actual racing.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Dean Orton shared every single technical aspect of the 2 Casa machines with everybody. Great guy; very friendly, very knowledgeable and extremely passionate about scootering. As good as the racing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information