Petseal tank liner

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Snails

My mate told me a while ago that there was a problem with Petseal tank liner that everyone used to apply. Something about changes in petrol mix. Must have been whilst I was not looking at Scootering or Forums...anyway I never did anything about it but now as Ive been messing with my fuel tap I'm getting quite large strips of tank liner coming off.

So what do I do to remove the old liner and reseal please?

I may as well sort it now rather than later although I fear the summer will be over before I get it running again.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

Mine did the same I took out the tank and the bulk of it came out in big lumps. I had to tip the tank up and pull the big chunks out with snout nose plyers. I swilled it with a hand full of nuts and bolts.. Seem to have large areas that are still sound. Good point is that the lumps that came out had all the loose s**t bonded to it. I have not bothered resailing and have not had a problem...yet.
Snails

Thanks Monty. Seems like an easy solution.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I swilled out my tank the other week as I was getting rust particles in my carb but dared not apply this pet seal shite after all the horror stories, if it goes again I'm simply going to fit one of the zintec lined re-pro tanks.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I have used POR 15 on several tanks now without problems. The pack contains an acid to remove loose rust and paint.
Snails

Is any way known of ensuring all the old petseal is removed before resealing if I was going to do that
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information