Indian GP,s (vijays etc )

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
watto66

hi all

Apologies i expect this has been done to death can somebody point me I the direction of decent importers of Indian lambrettas I've seen a few on e bay don't mind if it's a 150cc I'm looking to change the engine anyway do resto anyway I'm bit cautious to import some I've seen on eBay for £1500 etc or am I wrong .

Many thanks
shocky

Id buy something thats already here maybe an abandoned project or evena running scooterif your looking at those imports from india that are "restored" theres about £400-600 pounds on top to include import fees customs tax registration dating cert mot plus you might have to pay storage fees at port and you need to collect it plus there the waiting factor could be months if it actually gets here , then if it were me it would be fully stripped as ive found pepsi can for gearbox shim in one and that was from a uk dealer just my view .
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

+1

try and buy one privately in UK.

If you use a dealer make sure you sound them out first- there are very good dealers in this country, and, unfortunately, some less than "very good" :shock:

Caveat Emptor

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

I got mine from a dealer in Morley, Leeds some years ago. Got a local lad off the WKFA site to have a look at what he had in at the time and went on his recommendation. Paid £650 for it from memory. Not sure if he still does 'em. He was a bit of a wacky guy. Came in a gert steel case that it had been shipped in from India. A mate of Indian derivation advised me that from the reg. it had originally come from Bangalore. Guy included a new fixed front muddy. Did a full resto on it. It's been over to Brittany four times, and done many trouble free miles.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
shocky

dapper wrote:I got mine from a dealer in Morley, Leeds some years ago. Got a local lad off the WKFA site to have a look at what he had in at the time and went on his recommendation. Paid £650 for it from memory. Not sure if he still does 'em. He was a bit of a wacky guy. Came in a gert steel case that it had been shipped in from India. A mate of Indian derivation advised me that from the reg. it had originally come from Bangalore. Guy included a new fixed front muddy. Did a full resto on it. It's been over to Brittany four times, and done many trouble free miles.
There were some great deals 5 yrs ago most "sheds " seem to be going for 1000 plus now and its easy to spend 2k on them I just saw a li with muggelo 185 on facebook in a nice used look for 2400 engine spec was good
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

There are several people on Facebook that import Italian Scooters for restoration directly from Italy.Most of them complete scooters and are sensibly priced. They post on Lambretta For Sale Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/10150089415380002/

This is the guy...

https://www.facebook.com/sam.de.coussemaker?fref=nf
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Timbo wrote:There are several people on Facebook that import Italian Scooters for restoration directly from Italy.Most of them complete scooters and are sensibly priced. They post on Lambretta For Sale Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/10150089415380002/

This is the guy...

https://www.facebook.com/sam.de.coussemaker?fref=nf
That's the guy in this month's Scootering with the TV2 isn't it?
RobD

Sam's website is www.lambrettafinder.com have bought a few scooters from him, wouldn't hesitate to recommend him really nice bloke and good prices too.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

dapper wrote:I got mine from a dealer in Morley, Leeds some years ago. Got a local lad off the WKFA site to have a look at what he had in at the time and went on his recommendation. Paid £650 for it from memory. Not sure if he still does 'em. He was a bit of a wacky guy. Came in a gert steel case that it had been shipped in from India. A mate of Indian derivation advised me that from the reg. it had originally come from Bangalore. Guy included a new fixed front muddy. Did a full resto on it. It's been over to Brittany four times, and done many trouble free miles.
Unfortunately the dealer in Morley is no longer trading.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information