SIP Speedo sensor/magnet help please!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

I have just got the mount fitted for the speedo sensor and put a magnetic bolt onto my disc brake. How do I tell the unit how many magnets to count? The speedo sensor didn't come with any instructions!

cheers
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

alanscottj

thanks for the link but I have looked right through this thread already and can't find what I need.

Ta
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

The instructions with the speedo aren't the best, I can quite understand the confusion! 
It's been a while since I set my speedo up but from what I remember the "Adj 2" option lets you choose cable or sensor for the speed input and I think that it was option B for sensor.
When you have chosen external sensor as the speed input I think that the gear ratio option changes so you can enter the number of pulses per revolution of the wheel. In my case I entered 4 as I was picking up the 4 wheel studs on the rear wheel (you dont actually need to use a magnet if your using the active sensor which is the one SIP supply).
Good luck and if you have any more problems maybe give SIP a quick email.
It's definately worth it to end up with a nice accurate speed reading, although the truth maybe disappointing for some.
alanscottj

Minority wrote:The instructions with the speedo aren't the best, I can quite understand the confusion! 
It's been a while since I set my speedo up but from what I remember the "Adj 2" option lets you choose cable or sensor for the speed input and I think that it was option B for sensor.
When you have chosen external sensor as the speed input I think that the gear ratio option changes so you can enter the number of pulses per revolution of the wheel. In my case I entered 4 as I was picking up the 4 wheel studs on the rear wheel (you dont actually need to use a magnet if your using the active sensor which is the one SIP supply).
Good luck and if you have any more problems maybe give SIP a quick email.
It's definately worth it to end up with a nice accurate speed reading, although the truth maybe disappointing for some.
Nice one, Minority, I have managed to do it but I have set it to pick up one, as I have used one magnetic (replacing one bolt that holds on the disc), I haven't checked it for accuracy yet but it appears spot on. I am wondering though if I should change it to 4 pulses as it appears to be picking up the bolts on the disc, I am wondering if this will make it more accurate? Having said that, if I GPS it and its near enough I may just leave it. I am learning the old saying 'if it's not broke' was in fact created for Lambrettas!!!

Cheers :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information