QA rear brake cable.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all, I'm after the outer cable for a QA rear brake cable. I purchased just the inner thinking it would fit in a standard outer. However the one I have is way too thick to fit the one I have. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can buy a thicker outer? Thanks in advance Pete.
ove

Send Martin, user name knowledge on here I`m sure he`ll sort you out.
davla

10 inch Terror wrote:Hi all, I'm after the outer cable for a QA rear brake cable. I purchased just the inner thinking it would fit in a standard outer. However the one I have is way too thick to fit the one I have. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can buy a thicker outer? Thanks in advance Pete.
Message 'knowledge' and swap your inner for the smaller diameter version.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Yeah, not a problem. I have inner cables with the usual 3mm wire, and some with 2.5mm wire. The 2.5mm wire suits the thinner, nylon-lined outer cables that VE started to sell a few years back.

If you have purchased one of my cables, and it is too thick, I'll swap for the thinner one FOC. PM me anyway.....

Oh, and I am selling at Brid, on the K2 Custom stall beneath the balcony next to VFM. Come and see me if you're in town.

Martin
Martin
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Will you have sets of cables at Brid, Martin?
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Yes.

I am sharing my stall with Keith Newman (K2 Custom). We are under the balcony, next to VFM and opposite the stage.

I'll have inner back brake cables, special choke cables (TS1 length), electrical crimping tools and the most common terminals (sold in 50's for £4), and some clutch cable fitting tools.
Martin
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information