Exhaust issue would not be resolved by buying another

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
simonwwfc

Looks like my issue is having a muggelo kit and having to use the longer exhaust stub that's putting it all out of line . Making bad fitment . I thought that if I bought a franspeed or Jl this would resolve it but it seems as this isn't the case :cry: I'd only end up with same problem so to resolve the issue it seems as il have to get stub cut and re welded or barrel machined

DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

The shorter stub is for a TS1 type exhaust port.

Don't quote but all of the stubs I've seen for "standard" oval ports are longer.
Did you have to do that?
Muttley McLadd

This has been discussed before, hasn't it?

If you buy an exhaust that doesn't use a stub, it'd be fine, wouldn't it?
CakeAndArseParty
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

What you want is a pm tuning. Muggy works really well with it and fit was fine. Full rear boards. The nut on the silencer did just catch but nothing that requires major surgery.
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
joespeed

tonydevon wrote:What you want is a pm tuning. Muggy works really well with it and fit was fine. Full rear boards. The nut on the silencer did just catch but nothing that requires major surgery.

i think that was what was fitted in the first place!
Arcadia

simonwwfc wrote:Looks like my issue is having a muggelo kit and having to use the longer exhaust stub that's putting it all out of line . Making bad fitment . I thought that if I bought a franspeed or Jl this would resolve it but it seems as this isn't the case :cry: I'd only end up with same problem so to resolve the issue it seems as il have to get stub cut and re welded or barrel machined
A couple of days ago they were allegedly the devils work and were all getting sold. :lol:

Today its the Mugello kit and any pipe from Franspeeds to JLs. :?

Turns out the pipe you originally had on worked well and was a great fit. :roll:
simonwwfc

Look all I'm asking for is a bit of advise on theses exhaust stubs . If u can't give it don't bother with silly comments
Ian Hepworth

There is an issue with the exhaust flange being done strangely.

If you imagine looking at the fitted engine side on, the exhaust gasket face is 10mm nearer the floor than normal.

The official explanation I've heard for this is to use longer exhaust studs that are less likely to strip threads but of course the knock on effect on exhaust systems is huge.

I've not heard of a pattern as to which cylinders have this feature v1,2,3 or 4 or small block vs big block
joespeed

if the mugello exhaust flange sits lower down .why not try to shorten the stub by the same amount to compensate!
simonwwfc

I've dropped chrome stub off today into garage they are gonna see if they can cut it as short as poss and re weld it . Has andy Francis over come theses issues with his exhaust he is selling for Muggelo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information