number plate repair sorted Thank you scoots

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
johnny LIS150
Main scooter: 1964 Lambretta LIS150 special

has anyone come up with a quick cheap easy to fit solution to the missing number plate section of the LAmbo frames recently imported from Italy ?

Apparently it was a fad to cut the rear section off the frame and fit a mudflap instead which is bluddy annoying to us Brits to say the least.

In time I will get some sheet metal and fabricate my own missing section but to do a half way decent job I would prefer to wait until I strip the frame next winter. In the mean time I need something simple to attach to the rear of the scoot to take a number plate for an MOT

Any sensible suggestions welcome :lol:
Last edited by johnny LIS150 on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Rivet a number plate to the flap?
johnny LIS150

Timbo wrote:Rivet a number plate to the flap?
I don't think that a moving number plate would be acceptable for the MOT test ;) I like your thinking though lol :lol:
phil23fair
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 250 Special

Lambretta Restore sell a plate that you'll weld on to repair this section of frame. £12. I bought one for the GP I've just restored. Unfortunately it doesn't have the channels that the side panel sits in, they are designed to replace the old number plate area which rusts out
johnny LIS150

yes there are lots of number plate backing plates on ebay but I'm looking to restore it to its original profile.
The problem is there is not enough metal left below the light fitting to fix anything to .
ArmandTanzarian

Tsr do a whole frame loop. You could cut the bit you need from that. Rather an expensive solution though
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
johnny LIS150

ArmandTanzarian wrote:Tsr do a whole frame loop. You could cut the bit you need from that. Rather an expensive solution though
yes too expensive for that tiny piece. I expect I could find a damaged or chopped frame eventually but I'll probably going to have to fabricate a repair section myself.

I just thought I'd ask first in case someone had already produced a repair section.
FATBLOKE

I thought I saw that there was a bloke doing repair sections for exactly the thing you mentioned I cant remember where I saw it...Maybe LCGB? You could always do a search.... or go on ebay the cutdown lads often sell their offcuts on there.
Martin
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Don't absolutely scooters offer a repair cant remember for sure
Muttley McLadd

Might be worth asking around people with choppers.
CakeAndArseParty
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information