Franspeed super tourer

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
carlos fandango

Anyone using one ? and how goes it compare to the jl3 ?
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Can't be many using them mate :(
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I'm reliably informed that, on the dyno, it compares well with the NK road that did so well in the Scootering test. It doesn't make quite so much peak power but has slightly more grunt lower down. I'll be buying one in the next couple of weeks for a touring standard TS1 225.

I'll give some road feedback, in comparison with a JL3, in the next month or so :)
carlos fandango

No can't be many using them :)
Thanks Paul I've got one now so well see :-) id be interested how you think i compares to the jl3 on a ts . I've had one on an Rb but prefer the nk mid, if it wasnt for the atrocious ground clearance when banking :shock:
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
storkfoot

Mine's been on the dyno today just to check the carb jetting is OK. It was, it was very slightly rich almost all the way through, but not so far as to warrant any downjetting.

Most noticeable feature is that it almost holds on to the power all way through from 6000 to 8000 revs, which my old pipe didn't. Maximum torque was 16.9, max power 19.83 at just over 6000 revs. On the road, it feels like it says on the tin, a good tourer with a good spread of power.

I have an Li150 box, 46/16. My old Taffspeed Road pipe wouldn't pull a 17 sprocket. It died on hills and into headwinds. I suspect the Franspeed may well pull it though.

I'm trying to post a scanned copy of the dyno printout onto "Scoot.net" so I can post it here but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm probably doing something wrong :D
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Russ speak to Al he's recently dyno'ed a stock ts1 he built and it pisses all over a jl3, in terms off tourque and rev on :mrgreen:
Hurry up and get back Mr Francis i want to buy one ...lol ;)
storkfoot

Sorry, for the rubbish picture. I think Pete's ink was on the way out :D

Russ, as regards a fair road comparison, it's too early to say as I'd done several thousand miles on the Taffy road (JL3) pipe but only a couple of hundred on this. But, I can't see me going back to a JL3 after this. I wanted a torquey touring set up, I didn't want the fastest TS1 on the block, I wanted something that I really enjoyed riding on fast open roads. So far, I'm pretty certain this is it :D

Engine is a standard TS1 225, standard Asso TS1 piston, standard reeds, MB re-machined AF head, PHBH30 (55 pilot, AV264 x13, 135 main) with a Ram Air through the panel. Static timing 18 degrees bgm stator and lightened Indian flywheel.
bazman

Nice one Paul, does your exhaust have the clamp as the tailcan bracket attaches to the main body, as opposed to the spring type arrangement?
Baz.
Cya on c2c?
storkfoot

Yes, Baz, it does. I have a hefty dollop of silicon in the join.

C2C defo. I'm booked in with Messrs Corrado and Coaster in Saltburn, and I'm in the Seacote on the Saturday, before an early dart for "Rafa's Return" to Anfield on Sunday afternoon. A busy but enjoyable weekend, methinks :P See you in Saltburn, mate.
bazman

Yeah heard that from Russ re the silicone .
Sound mate , will be travelling over to saltburn early sat morn , same as last year and in the seacote sat, you're a glutton for punishment re Rafa etc lol
Be good to catch up again :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information