SIP speedo dying when I turn headlight on?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Sip speedo works as it should, apart from when I turn the key round to turn head light on, the light appears to drain the power and the speedo goes off, it comes back on when I Rev the throttle more! It seems that the light is draining the power and that is killing the speedo.

Could this be yet another sign that my stator is on the way out?
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

How many other lights do you have, is the idle really low, running a high wattage tail light, bad solder joint, bad ground point, bad light coil(s), weak magnets, damaged loom, poor wire connections, sun spots?

Sounds more like the regulator but with out more information we're all just guessing.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Grumpy225 wrote:How many other lights do you have, is the idle really low, running a high wattage tail light, bad solder joint, bad ground point, bad light coil(s), weak magnets, damaged loom, poor wire connections, sun spots?

Sounds more like the regulator but with out more information we're all just guessing.
Front light and rear/brake light only, idle is normal, not sure what wattage my tail light is. Can't understand why it's just started doing it :?:
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

If it just started than I'd check the ground points and power points for the speedo.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information