RT195 or GT186?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

You won't be disappointed with a GT186. With a good expansion and correct set up you will be looking at performance comparable to non tuned ts1:s on the road. I have tried many different exhausts with it and ended up using a taffy mk4.

I know a few that are not so impressed with the RT195 out of the box. But can be tuned of course.

Gt186 does what it says on the box and then some, I have seen zero bad feedback regarding its performance. There has been discussions about the reeds being brittle but I never had any issues and have extras in my toolbox.
Arborman
Main scooter: RB22

Not happy with my RT kit at all..... enough said
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Arborman wrote:Not happy with my RT kit at all..... enough said
Ok, care to elaborate as to why? Was it far to easy to set up and well built?

I've put a few of these top ends together and have had 0 problems
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Pepot wrote:Please, could you say what the "deck" is in a standard GT186? Thanks!
1.2mm with 58 stroke and 0.2 with 60 stroke
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

slangen wrote:You won't be disappointed with a GT186. With a good expansion and correct set up you will be looking at performance comparable to non tuned ts1:s on the road. I have tried many different exhausts with it and ended up using a taffy mk4.

I know a few that are not so impressed with the RT195 out of the box. But can be tuned of course.

Gt186 does what it says on the box and then some, I have seen zero bad feedback regarding its performance. There has been discussions about the reeds being brittle but I never had any issues and have extras in my toolbox.
You say you ended up with the mk4 taffy which is now unavailable :-( what other exhausts did you try mate?
Donnie.
slangen

I've tried.

Mk4
Devtour
BGM clubman v1
AF "Ancillotti" Clubman
Saxelby regular clubman 42mm

Shortly I will be trying:
Ludwig & Scherer Tourist.
Saxelby Reverse cone clubman 48mm.

With the gearing I have sx200/tv175 15-46 it has been best with regular clubmans and mk4.

Barrel is completely unported, just polished the ports and matched the case, crank is 58/107 and I use no thick packer plates or gaskets. Squish is 1.1mm. I use a tiny 25mm Dellorto thru a "homemade" breath sweet filter. I have made effort to pressure test and make sure there are no air leeks.

Fastest speed on GPS has been 128kmh or 80 MPH. It will easily sit at 120kmh for longer runs. On road I have no problem keeping up with stroked 230 Mugellos and standard ts1. It will probably not go faster than 80mph but it pulls strong up to 75.

Next up is a GT200 ported to suit one of the newer German stealth exhausts with crank 58/110 and vhsh30.
Muttley McLadd

slangen wrote:just polished the ports
Worth a few hp on its own. Photos? :lol:
CakeAndArseParty
slangen

Muttley McLadd wrote:
slangen wrote:just polished the ports
Worth a few hp on its own. Photos? :lol:
Hehe the famous photo polish, again.
Pepot
Main scooter: servetta LI150 serieIII GT186

Rich_T wrote:
Pepot wrote:Please, could you say what the "deck" is in a standard GT186? Thanks!
1.2mm with 58 stroke and 0.2 with 60 stroke
Thanks!
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Cheers for the reply Slangen.

When you say mk4 taffy, was this a genuine one or one of the recent lookalikes?

Interesting to hear the speeds your getting, if I can get a genuine 70 I'd be happy.
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information