mikuni tmx 35 needle settings advice needed

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

hi all im running a tmx 35 on a rb22 ,i have really bad spluttering and boging at around half throttle it will clear when u in the power band and over 55mph which isnt allways pratical ,i had a 350 main with a 25 pilot and a 58 needle on second clip from top, ive now changed to a 330 with a 20 pilot and on top clip on a 58 needle which i think is the leanist needle in the leanist clip u can go but it made no diff at all, any ideas ? cheers
rbgaz

i have few weeks ago put new rings and reed petals and also a brand new slide it allways splutterd a bit but nothing like this i had a large main jet in for about 4 years due to holing a few pistons, could it be possible for the needle to be worn out ?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Quite common for the fixed atomisers to wear......the needles can too, but that's usually visible. But for the cost of a new needle, it's worth trying before you replace the carb.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

try a new stator
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
rbgaz

Will test it today I've also got a kytronic spark thing on so going to take that off and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information