Barnsley parts fair

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I'm thinking of going to Barnsley parts fair next weekend, but I've heard it caters more for those who want to buy clothing etc rather than engine bits.

Is it worth going or will I just go home with some funny clothes?

Also, any idea what time it opens? If id do go, I don't want to arrive after all the goodies have been snapped up.
shocky

hendy wrote:I'm thinking of going to Barnsley parts fair next weekend, but I've heard it caters more for those who want to buy clothing etc rather than engine bits.

Is it worth going or will I just go home with some funny clothes?

Also, any idea what time it opens? If id do go, I don't want to arrive after all the goodies have been snapped up.
I went to wicksteed last sunday was some good jumble outside but nowee as near as many people as before ,
inside there were at least 25% less traders than previous fairs there and there were alot of cloths books shoes bling tat even a woman selling sweets :roll:
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

an indication of the bubble deflating perhaps??
Scootering since 1968.
shocky

bristolmod wrote:an indication of the bubble deflating perhaps??
alot of stuff is for sale on facebook some sites have over 11k members I sold something on there in under 1 min :D
plus the bay of evil is rammed its easy to sell less hassle no driving involved , plus id say alot of decent stuff has sold now or people want to hang onto stuff if you break your italian sx/gp headset its gonna cost you 200 quid plus now and it could still need work
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

Also there just seems to be so many of them now
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

most likely- I just get the impression that things are on the wane generally in scootering- it doesn't have the "buzz" it used to.

Its most likely me getting older, but I do feel that things aren't what they were.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

In general Wicksteed is the only parts fair of the year with ANY jumble. As a trader I'm down to only bothering with 2 venues now per year, Wicksteed and Bridlington. Trade definitely down at Wicksteed so it'll be interesting to see what Brid holds. There'll be no shortage of traders at Brid and there's no accommodation to be had so hopefully it'll be busy.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

well I'm on the lash a few miles away the night before, so I'm going to go just because I'm in the area.

Does anyone know what time it starts? Information seems thin on the ground.
shocky

Normally 10 oclock at other fairs
barnsleybilly
Main scooter: Li200

hendy wrote:well I'm on the lash a few miles away the night before, so I'm going to go just because I'm in the area.

Does anyone know what time it starts? Information seems thin on the ground.
If your in Wakefield come and have a pint or two in my bar - Elliotts Bar
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information