travelling to the Isle

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

eden wrote:
Muttley McLadd wrote:
eden wrote:safe trip to all the likeminded people traveling to Venlo for August bank holiday :)
I bet the hookers aren't fifty Guilders any more :)
doubt it as its euros now over there lol
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Made it there and back but not without drama. Got home last night. The plan was to leave Galway around 2pm last wed to catch the late ferry from Rosslare about 160miles away. Wed morn scooter wouldn't start outside the bank and when it eventually did, kinda revved on a bit with choke and the smell of gear oil. Jeez it had ran perfect for the last while! Went from relaxed anticipation of the journey to full blown panic that my holiday mightn't happen! Found a spare clutch side oil seal, stripped the engine and then in my haste somehow managed to knock the seal in too far. Could feel it rubbing on the inner bearing. All I could think of was that the bearing travelled out to the circlip when I was tapping the crank out. Packed the bearing with grease in the hope it would help it last with the bearing rubbing and started reassembly. With the clutch pulling the crank home fully I was hoping that maybe it would pull the bearing in a dash, just enough to clear the bearing....Not sure if it did but the bike started second kick in the shed. With packed up bike, myself my brother and a friend Jason set off. Made it to Rosslare where my bro had booked a b&b because we'd missed the night ferry. Bike ran crap for the last 2 miles into Rosslare eventually cutting out. Wheeled it to the b&b and after food took the jets out hoping to find something amiss. The bloody seal was at the back of my mind and the gear oil seemed to be slightly low although couldn't be sure. Anyway it ran with a 1/4 choke and thats how it made it onto the boat and from Pembroke dock to Southampton along with a fair bit of touring round the Isle. Heading to the ferry for home on the Isle the bike cut out. Running choke had blackened the plug. New plug and back on the road. What a great weekend!
coaster

Well done for persevering fella, a lot would have given up and gone home or called for relay.

colin
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

What Coaster said...... 8-)
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Thanks guys. I've a feelin I'm not the only one who's had that heart sinking moment before an away trip!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information