twist and go front wheel

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Magalluf

I've seen a few Lambrettas recently with twist and go front wheels and disk brakes. What bike are they off and do they need a lot of work to make them fit.

Cheers

Steve
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Zip front wheel is a reasonable fit. Can mount Disk either side though you need to fabricate a carrier for the calliper. See my / coasters pics in my GP shed find thread in show your scoots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
shocky

Are you sure its not the Pm tuning grimeca set up
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
shocky

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
coaster

Same wheel Steve, it's from a ZIP with 25mm machined of the disc mounting boss. PM use their cast ally calliper bracket and mine has a CS Engineering produced one and they also machined the wheel. The anti dive Rose joints (one male and one female which form the short anti dive connection came from McGuire Motorsport and I opted for an SIP calliper, cost me about £130 including a new tyre 8-)

Here's a link to Ross's thread http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=30
coaster

coaster wrote:Same wheel Steve, it's from a ZIP with 25mm machined of the disc mounting boss. PM use their cast ally calliper bracket and mine has a CS Engineering produced one and they also machined the wheel. The anti dive Rose joints (one male and one female which form the short anti dive connection came from McGuire Motorsport and I opted for an SIP calliper, cost me about £130 including a new tyre 8-)

Here's a link to Ross's thread http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic ... 2&start=30
Bugger, just remembered, I used an LTH anti dive bracket which I borrowed off Angry Bloke....soz Peach, I'll replace it promise ;)
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I did ask PM about buying their calliper carrier as a spare part to allow me to do my own conversion but they gracefully declined to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
coaster

Chris Sadd at CS Engineering did a couple of his own carriers a few years ago milled from stainless plate (around £50 then), maybe he'd do a batch if there was enough interest, no harm in asking, he's a very helpful bloke 8-)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

ScootRS sell a complete alloy wheel / disc brake set up.

I bought one to have a look at it. Doesn't come with a valve so need to sort that plus figure out how to fit a tyre as there are no stud holes to mount it on my MB wheel holder.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Corrado
Whats the verdict on these ?
Are they any good?
Will you be selling them?
Is it possible to get a tyre on it?

Robbie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information