Scootering magazine - May edition....

The print magazine news, reviews, latest products, events & more....
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

EddieStone wrote:That is an interesting feature and has the potential to debunk a lot of myths. Was it really a 175 jet though?!
That's what the man told me....i did question it several times as it seemed monstrous, but he is at the coal face doing the work....so i take the man at his word.
EddieStone wrote:I can imagine a lot of people straining to increase the length of their header pipe for an extra hp.
On the pipe he was using there was plenty of adjustment on the slip joint/sleeve.....so all it took was the loosening of a bolt, pull the pipe out to the max and re-tighten. Its merely a simple exercise to test various options, to 'find the right path' as it were. How(if) people choose to implement the findings is their own decision.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Just got round to buying this, I don't subscribe anymore but buy when the fancy takes me. I'm impressed.
I think I'll get a subscription and give it a year.
dadandlad
Main scooter: Vespa ET4 125

Hi
I really enjoy the magazine and being new to the scene am lapping up all the articles and have subscribed for a year
The only minor criticism I have was the paper quality wasn;t as good on the May issue
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Haven't properly finished the April edition due to the great content. As others have said the technical bits make great reading, especially Darrell's feature on tuning a basic 200 engine without spending too much money. In particular, the slight adjustment to the exhaust resulting in a large percentage increase in power. It's things like this that probably help to explain why some standard 200 engines seem faster than others.

I've an Italian 200 engine that is currently out of my scooter, but will go back in later this year. It ran on a 22 Dellorto with a foam filter and 127 jet, as it nipped up a couple of times on a 125. But before that i will carry out all the tuning tips mentioned, including squish, check timing and see what I can do with exhaust clamp. In the past I thought I was doing a positive move by pushing the exhaust tight up on the down pipe.

Good luck and many thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information