Quattrini Build....

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Just pulling yer leg about the crank & carb Sean ;)... will hopefully be down next week with another pipe to try out on it though.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

ok graham ,you had me going there as i thought you were serious ...lol
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
sean brady scooters
Dealer

well this should be interesting as graham has just delivered a quattrini pipe today ,so old pipe off and new one on and to re dyno ..
and while they were both off I did a quick check to measure the difference in tuned length between them both ,the new quattrini pipe is roughly 5 inches shorter !
and therefore ,following the "rough,n,ready " rule that for every 1 inch shorter on tuned length it elavates peak power by 500rpm this should mean that it could possibly make peak power now at 8500 rpm plus instead of the 6000 rpm on the old pipe ..
but we shall soon see :)
cartmel808

sean brady scooters wrote:well this should be interesting as graham has just delivered a quattrini pipe today ,so old pipe off and new one on and to re dyno ..
and while they were both off I did a quick check to measure the difference in tuned length between them both ,the new quattrini pipe is roughly 5 inches shorter !
and therefore ,following the "rough,n,ready " rule that for every 1 inch shorter on tuned length it elavates peak power by 500rpm this should mean that it could possibly make peak power now at 8500 rpm plus instead of the 6000 rpm on the old pipe ..
but we shall soon see :)
Nice one Sean - should do the trick!... I forgot to check when I dropped the pipe off on Saturday - will I be able to retain the centre stand with the quattrini exhaust, or will it now require a side stand fitting?
sean brady scooters
Dealer

well graham ,now that i have found some bolts that were omitted from the fixing kit and swapped the springs provided for some shorter ones it fits very well and doesnt foul on the stand at all ...:)
sean brady scooters
Dealer

dan is here tomoz and is gonna dyno it ,and no doubt post up the results :)
cartmel808

sean brady scooters wrote:well graham ,now that i have found some bolts that were omitted from the fixing kit and swapped the springs provided for some shorter ones it fits very well and doesnt foul on the stand at all ...:)
Another nice straight forward job then Sean :D.... seems like most of the stuff I bring you lately is either missing some of its hardware, or is just not fit for purpose.... it's not intentional mate - honest :lol:
hobospeed

Hey, check out BGM's new Big Box Sport pipe. It's the street racer/non touring version of their Big Box pipe. They tested it on a LML reed motor with an 24mm Si carb and a unmodified Quattrini running a 60 mm crank. Seems like a pretty good match with this kit, other than the mild dip in torque around 5500 rpm.

Red is the Quattrini and blue is a Polini 177:

The write up is only in German for now but you can through it through a translator to get most of the info:

http://blog.scooter-center.com/vespa-au ... box-sport/
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Topic moved
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information