Paint Code

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
Blackhawk
Main scooter: T5 Classic

I've just got hold of a project Moto Vespa 150s from 1964 which has already been stripped. The guy who I got it from said it was red but found a light blue under the red which is similar to the light blue on the MotoVespa badge. I'd like to restore it to an original colour and the closest I've found is Baby Blue but I can't find a paint code :( There is lots of info on Vespa paint codes but not Moto-Vespa so has anyone any ideas? The frame number is 502C 130464.

Also should the tank be matched or black?

Cheers,
Stu
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Try this one....

ImagePIA_210 by dent.graham, on Flickr

Max Meyer 1.298.7210 Blu.... was used between '63 - '65 on the 150's. The equivalent PPG Code = 'PPG - PIA/210'.... and the tank would've been same colour as body.
Blackhawk

Brilliant, many thanks Cartmel. Now I don't have keys so should I send it for spraying with the old locks in (hoping I can get keys made) or drill them out?

Stu
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

If its possible to get new keys made for the old locks then great, but personally I'd just drill them out & get some new locks.... either way you want to remove them prior to getting the scooter painted.

Buzzsolomoto stocks good quality remade steering & toolbox locks for the Motovespa 150s.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Blackhawk wrote:Brilliant, many thanks Cartmel. Now I don't have keys so should I send it for spraying with the old locks in (hoping I can get keys made) or drill them out?

Stu
Agree with cartmel. You should be able to remove the tool box lock with out any trouble, if your steering look is in the same place as a GS150 you should be able to remove the large threaded part and push it into the cable tunnel and then fish it out with a piece of wire, I think its easier to remove from the bottom.
Gary
Blackhawk

Spent ages drilling the steering lock then read this. It wouldn't pull out so pushed it through so now ready for the sprayer :) Thanks Gary.
Blackhawk

It's back from the painter and looks great. Thanks for the paint code :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information