Lambretta GT 186

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
watto66

Hi all coming up to a couple thousand miles on my GT 186 kit running a 30 mm dellorto and a MB clubman , all good just wondering when I should be thinking about changing the reed petals . I carry spare ones and to be fair I don't ride the bike quite hard at times , equally I recently got a TS1 at what point should I be changing these,yearly ? .

Many thanks
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

I know folk who double them up! I don't think you'll go wrong carrying a spare set and a small screw driver.
jonzo172

"I know folk who double them up!"

Why do people do that?
Doubling the thickness will severely limit the amount the reeds open not to mention changing the frequency of them.

I check and change mine as part of a service before putting my scoot back on the road at the start of the year.
You'll soon know if they are starting to go!
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

They view them as weak and see it as a strengthened option, they are also do big miles on them.
jonzo172

I tried cutting my own from 0.25 carbon fibre but the original petals gave better bottom end performance.
I've replaced mine with original petals once in 10,000 miles. There was a small amount of fraying after 6,000.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information