another scootrs question!!!!!!

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
soulsurfer

scooter_italiano wrote:
shocky wrote:Ive never seen a properly ;) welded top bracket break
that's the reason why I'm asking for. Running an anti-dive ScootRS disk brake and bolt on dampers (that's why this is related to the topic soulsurfer ;) ) I was wondering if the break had anything to do with front suspensions....
But I don't see what relation your brake has on a legshield bracket, or am I missing something? :-? Maybe you could post a picture?
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
ant

I run scootrs anti dive with no dampers and don't have any issues at all. Progressive springs in forks. Tax disc is now bolted to top damper bracket. And I do go round bumpy corners as well.....
coaster

ant wrote:I run scootrs anti dive with no dampers and don't have any issues at all. Progressive springs in forks. Tax disc is now bolted to top damper bracket. And I do go round bumpy corners as well.....
It would be a rapid series of sharp bumps that unsettle the suspension i.e. a couple of pot holes, add in some gravel :shock: It's why EVERY modern bike has dampers fitted.
IaninDorset
Main scooter: 1985 MKI Vespa T5

Tramping is what the dampers should stop but looking at the new types of springs and stuff which manage to shuffle the energy upwards whilst still absorbing fresh bumps kind of negates it really.

You used to see pre-damper Lammies have the brown pants moments back in the eighties as they went over a gnarly bit o' road and then into a corner and the front is still "tramping" which is OK on a car with another wheel but with only one on the tarmac could make for fruity moments.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information