Waterpump

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Kingwelle
Main scooter: GS2 GS3 Rally200 Primavera et

tonydevon wrote:I been looking at the BGM or motoforce unit, BGM is winning at the moment as its sealed from the elements

do you happen to know off hand what the direction of pumping/flow is?

due to where I want to locate the pump I need it to go a particular way.

thanks
Output is 90° away from the pump and the straight inlett is the input. The liter/min from my recomended pumps is very high, maybe 20-30 Leiters per min. I don't know the electric consumption - I supply the pump at my racing Scooter with a battery and the battery with my Vespatronic but the battery is alwasy charged at home. So if the output from the Vespatronic is lonely enough to support the powerfull Pumpe, I'm sorry-I don't know that.

Cheers

Michael
tonydevon
Main scooter: '71 GP125

thanks for the help

yes mine has internal pump but Im not sure its working properly, with the rad below the engine Im not 100% confident that its actually capable of shifting the water round the system, ran the motor up and got it warm but the pipework didnt heat in the way that I expect it to, the heat was going down to the rad, but nothing coming back up, I know its a radiator but while sat still its not going to make the water cold LOL.
plan is to source a pump and put it on the bend of the hose at the bottom of the system, then remove the pump impeller on the engine. this should work better as it will sit just right, water in from radiator, pump it up to top of engine then it goes thru cooling jacket and out to radiator, using gravity and also the coolest water in the system going thru the pump, same direction of flow as stock too, so shouldnt be any nasty bends or problems with flow

just spoke with local car scrappy on my work estate, they sell me a bosch one from VW or vauxhall etc, £15, its got 19mm hose spigots but 2 19-16mm silicone adaptors are only £9

I assumed they would be quite large but compared to the BGM units theres hardly any difference.its about 20mm longer overall

plan is to find a nice piece of tube with 40mm ID maybe carbon fibre or alloy, bond it over the ugly part of the pump and jobs a goodun :)
heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it does fail, hit them with it!!!
tonydevon

just a bit of feedback for anyone thats looking for a pump, I got the Bosch unit, paid £13 for it in the end :)

tested it on the bench, hmm thats quiet, drawing not a lot of current, but expect that to ramp up with water

just fitted some hose tails to it, shoved it into a bucket of water

WOW that really shifts some water

current draw with water through it is 800mA

its a solid bar of water coming out of it, very impressed

now just got to try and get a proper bosch electrical connector as the breakers wouldnt cut the loom :(
TED CRUD

The loom would have come with it up here ,if you pull it off the car yourself
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AVT-12v-Bosch ... 1161739153
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
tonydevon

thanks, sadly down here its the type of breakers where you have to tell them exactly what make and model of car you want the part from, no brains, I went in with a long list of the models of cars that they are fitted to, not a clue LOL

you cant touch the cars, its bits on shelves or wait/come back later when they have eventually got thumbs out of their backsides and can be bothered to find the part for you.

sods law but mines got a slightly different plug to that, its the same as the bosch injector plug, looking at about 15 quid, will trim the housing down, solder wires to the pins, fill in with resin to protect and then put a connector on the flying lead LOL
Lambretta500
Main scooter: Lambretta RG500

I saw one on the demon tweeks site but a bit more than the 15quid you paid, more like 83 ouch!!!!

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorcycl ... water-pump

I tried one from a caravan once lasted about 5minutes when the water got to near boiling so id give that one a miss if anyone advises that method. I ended up with one of the bosch ones an it still works ok on the lambretta LC scoot engine.

On the 500 we have the radiator below the floor boards and it keeps it cool enough using the internal rotor on the engine.
tonydevon

yeah I saw them, then closed it quick at the pricing LOL

the bosch one from the heating system on a car is great, very happy with it, I have the radiator under the floor on mine, not sure if its just unhappy with the layout of the pipes, or cant shift the fluid, or something wrong, doesnt matter now LOL
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Hi Tony, got two vw's in various stages of being ripped apart by my son, bound to have same plug somewhere if you can post up a pic i'll get him to have a look if you want to avoid flying lead option. Cheers, Simon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information