water cooled twin

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive been thinking about the need for more fuel, i dont want fuel in the glovebox, so i decided to put it under the side panel, i was thinking along the lines of the oil bottle carriers, the very thing i house my battery in. first thing was to move my battery box down and further back, to create some space to house a saddle/extra tank, then started with some masking tape and cardboard to make a template to get the shape i want, and to work out the mounting points, then start cutting out the steel and tacking together, to create an extra tank.
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

New fuel tank on the way:

Cardboard Template

Nearly ready for welding
holty

just a quick update, has been running rough on and off for a while, improved it by re-jetting and adusting carbs, but still not quite right, anyway ive sent my stator off to have it rewound and with a little luck that should sort things out running wise. my new secondry fuel tank is away been tigged up and power coated by my pal andy, (cheers) ive got to get it all back together and up and running in time for bridlington, ive entered it into the custom show(ridden) just had my letter back to confirm its booked in, so you can see it there if your going, 31st of october,
holty
ImageIMG_1090_zpslc3zxdvh by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageIMG_1088_zpsewklidi7 by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holty

quick update, got my stator plate back from rexs speed shop, the low speed coil was goosed, they rewound it, 75 pounds plus vat, got it fitted, and what a diffrence, it starts better, runs much cleaner, and it revs out cleanly with bags of torque and no stuttering or missfiring. my mate andy dropped my secondry tank off yesterday, he tigged it together then powdercoated it in gloss black,it looks spot on, i estimate it will hold about 3 to 4 litres ontop of what my main tank holds, which will extend my range just a bit further,depending on how far open the throttle is. :D
holty

holty

Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holty

a couple of pics of my extra tank, only holds 3 or 4 litres but every little helps
Image1e21175bf610f8ad23970b268f7f13f81_zpsd2ltzjf8 by stephen holt, on Flickr
Image3a15a5511c4668c42051d71e2e58f12a5_zpss6gesuh3 by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
holty

Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holty

extra fuel tank all installed and working.
holty

A quick update, andy has been busy with his airbrush again and put the scooters name on the toolbox lid, the name is in blue candy with fogging around it, i think its fantastic, a photo doesnt do it justice, its far better in daylight or sun, but with the naked eye you can see much more detail, its fitted now, and THE BEAST is all ready for the journey to brid, where its entered in the ridden class of the custom show. :D
ImageIMG_11311_zpsz2kltpc4 by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information