water cooled twin

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
Stampede
Main scooter: SX200

Still waiting for mine. US parcel service is so slow.....
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

Install pics:

holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ImageIMG_1012_zpsvxsqiz4l by stephen holt, on FlickrImageIMG_1011_zpslwamfm0l by stephen holt, on Flick
r
ImageIMG_1013_zpskh8zsyfn by stephen holt, on Flickrwhen it came to fitting the clutch i decided to compare the new clutch springs to the old ones that i took out of the engine originaly and they were slightly shorter and softer so i put the old ones in, got it back together, and much better, so next the clutch arm, took it out, extended it about 15mm then back in, wow what a difrence i can just pull it in with one finger, i do need to road test it for drag or slippage, but first impressions are very positive, will try to test it tomorrow,
holty
before
ImageIMG_1014_zpsdbefugbp by stephen holt, on Flickr
aftrer
ImageIMG_1015_zps45xealoi by stephen holt, on Flickr
Last edited by holty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

Clutch arm before:

and after:

Stampede

Not bad. :-) But does the clutch still completely engage? Longer means less travel if your clutch Lever on Headset was not changed....
holty

went in the garage after tea, fitted my oil tank, bled it, then a short road test, the clutch is so easy to use, its even softer than my rb, ive got a little bit of free play, no drag and the bite point is about halfway out with the lever, im very happy. gearchange is much better as well, though the technique is slightly differnt to a standard lammy, you have to move the gearchange back to the neutral position before you go for the nxt gear, im sure i will get used to it, i must confess on my roadtest i took it into the powerband in 3rd gear and can say it lifts the front wheel very easily :mrgreen: , quick action throttle is the next job, once ive paneled it back up.
holty
Stampede

Domino makes a very good double carb quick Action throttle.
holty

ive ordered one of scooter loopys brass throttle wheels, ive got one on my rb and i think its a must have for any lammy with a big carb.
Stampede

Holty, were did you order your Shift-Pro-Kit in the UK? Seem that mine is lost in the parcel service. :-(
holty

Hi, I got mine from Martin at mad biker designs, the website is www.mb-designs.co.uk
I only got the pro shift arm and spring, I modified my own wheel on my grinding wheel only took about 30 mins, it's a very worthwhile modification the gear change is much better, I have made some new brackets for the rear shocks and the ride height is spot on now, all being well its mot on Saturday, fingers crossed, I hope they like mega loud microns. :mrgreen:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information