De restricted Vespa et2

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

with standard gearing and a standard cdi (restricted to 10,000rpm i think max is about 58 theoretically (depending on tyre size and conditions i guess) and 10 to 15 horses is pretty easy to attain. obviously because of the variator that power is always there too. i'v no idea what mine pushes but its fun :D and more than enough for me. the choice of tuning parts for these engines is pretty overwhelming too!
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

I have an et2 I bought a year ago as a non runner. I stripped it. Had it blasted. The frame is holier than a holy thing.
I never realised the engine could achieve such speeds.
What kit and carb would be recommended.
Is the crank up to a 70 kit or does it need upgrading as well.

Robbie
tony172

if you just go for one of the road tune kits and your crank is in good shape your fine, but if you start pushing the rpm's up and significantly increasing power then spending a bit of dosh on a race crank is well worth it, as standard 50 cranks wont be up to it for very long. they are still waayyyy cheaper than decent lambretta cranks. stage6 gear is cracking bang for bucks as the power bands the kits and pipes produce is not only slightly higher out of the box than malossi/polini, its a broader band and the kits are nicasil ally. that being said i run a polini 70 iron with a small exhaust port job and a yasuni z pipe, dellorto 17.5mm carb on standard reeds with a veerry free flowing filter, lighter rollers but the rest is standard. just for cheapness really. it goes well, wheelies and will keep up with most. I've always had it in the back of my mind to watercool it if the opportunity arises as all the parts are available off the shelf and tried and tested :D (a big rad bolted on the front is right up my street :D)
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

How is it these things can do 60ish mph with a 70 kit fitted when a PX 125 can only manage 60 ish with nearly double the cc s.

It seems an interesting challenge. :)

Robbie
ipman

wrecklessrobbie wrote:How is it these things can do 60ish mph with a 70 kit fitted when a PX 125 can only manage 60 ish with nearly double the cc s.

It seems an interesting challenge. :)

Robbie
horsepower,gearing

an aprilia rs125 gp bike can keep up with a honda cb750
tony172

the best part is that full power is always available. rather than hitting peak power for about 1 second of each gear like the px would :D top speed is not as fun as decent power thats always on tap
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information