1970 GP150 turquoise or orbit orange?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
Chris Tindal
Main scooter: GP150

So much for that theory then
Chris Tindal

Well, finally started the rebuild and got the engine put together over a couple of weekends. The casings were in a terrible state, all furred up and caked in grime. Lots of elbow grease, WD40 and wet and dry and they have improved a bit. I didn't want to get them blasted as I'm going for the old worn look (I'll reserve the word patina for Italian furniture and sculpture) rather than brand new. The gearbox turns out to be Li150, which is a bonus and the crank is the odd GP200 type one with full circle webs but smaller bearing collar size. All the bearings were changed, which was fairly un eventful and straightforward. I used the oven to heat the cases and the bearings just dropped out. Buzzsolomoto changed the engine mounts for me and repaired a couple of casing threads, great service. The clutch plates were also replace but the rest of the motor is all innocenti except the kickstart shaft. I couldn't find a decent Italian one so went for a genuine SIL one. At the moment I'm undecided as to what to do for the top end.

[img][IMG]http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... jpg4_1.jpg[/img] [img]

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af1 ... jpg4_1.jpg

Not sure if the pic has worked, pretty useless at IT
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Chris Tindal wrote:Well, finally started the rebuild and got the engine put together over a couple of weekends. The casings were in a terrible state, all furred up and caked in grime. Lots of elbow grease, WD40 and wet and dry and they have improved a bit. I didn't want to get them blasted as I'm going for the old worn look (I'll reserve the word patina for Italian furniture and sculpture) rather than brand new. The gearbox turns out to be Li150, which is a bonus and the crank is the odd GP200 type one with full circle webs but smaller bearing collar size. All the bearings were changed, which was fairly un eventful and straightforward. I used the oven to heat the cases and the bearings just dropped out. Buzzsolomoto changed the engine mounts for me and repaired a couple of casing threads, great service. The clutch plates were also replace but the rest of the motor is all innocenti except the kickstart shaft. I couldn't find a decent Italian one so went for a genuine SIL one. At the moment I'm undecided as to what to do for the top end.

Image Image
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Chris Tindal

Ho did you manage that Dave?
DaveTomo
Main scooter: SX 200

Chris Tindal wrote:Ho did you manage that Dave?
Chris left click on the IMG bit on photobucket and it should go yellow ( the box), then right click on here,comes up with a short menu, choose paste and away you go :) - you can check before you post if its worked by selecting preview - on the left of the submit button to see if the photos worked
I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.
Chris Tindal

Thanks Dave I'll try again
TurboTrev

Great to see you've started Chris, I'm looking forward to your updates. 8-) Trev.
Chris Tindal

Thanks Trev, it,ll take a while but I'll keep posting as and when.
kevspeed

Chris,you got your cable adjuster block on the wrong way round!!
lambro

kevspeed wrote:Chris,you got your cable adjuster block on the wrong way round!!
;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information