TV200 IGM number?

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
gix
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150 1968

http://scooterlounge.com/lambretta/refe ... ndex.shtml

no pre-fix on a TV200 just TV2 then the number (engine)
TV3 pre fix (frame)

you cant confuse a TV200 and a TV175 unless some tosspot smothes then restamps it.
1968 SX150 Apple Green
ming

firekdp wrote:
Grumpy225 wrote:Of the 2 non-chrome ring TV200's I've had my hands on in the US, neither had IGM numbers and both were AC non-battery bikes (but had battery stators and SX type hardware in the headset).
A TV without a battery tray would sound alarm bells for me (unless there was a reason for cutting it off), let alone the bodged wiring to fit a battery stator to it.
My TV200 has no battery tray, nor is there evidence that one ever existed. Perhaps it's a feature of those imported into the USA?
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

firekdp wrote:
Grumpy225 wrote:Of the 2 non-chrome ring TV200's I've had my hands on in the US, neither had IGM numbers and both were AC non-battery bikes (but had battery stators and SX type hardware in the headset).
A TV without a battery tray would sound alarm bells for me (unless there was a reason for cutting it off), let alone the bodged wiring to fit a battery stator to it.

Normally I'd agree with you but in this case both bikes were in factory paint still, with no signs of repainting, grinding or bodged wiring. Key switches were AC 4 position type and had the rectangular junction block on the rear of the frame. I can only imagine that the non-battery frames were a specific US request and the pre-built DC stator motors were off the shelf (as normal for Innocenti). FYI the lights kind of sucked but they did work. I think it went Yellow 1 to purple and yellow 2 pink from the stator to loom. Gotta remember here that US bikes have had a pretty easy life. Most of them got parked after the first breakdown and then sat for the next 30-40 years. I my self have opened up more motors than I can remember where the last time the internals saw light was in Italy, Spain, India or Brasil.

They just don't get messed with in the US like they would have in the UK.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

agree- many US imports were cobbled together in Milan prior to shipment- refer the NYPD scooters which were a combination of LI frames (above the last known frame numbers!); SX engines and SX headsets.

Anything is possible when you mix Italian and American!!

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information