slow-burn indian GP project

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
scooterslag

I've had several GP's in bits over the years and due to various reasons- never got any on the road. I acquired just a bare frame a couple of years ago and I've been slowly building up parts as and when I could afford it. Make no bones about it- this isn't going to be a pricey build, sure things will mount up but I've been lucky enough to have collected a few bits and bobs over the years for such a thing. Its going to have a 175 home brew tune (thanks to Adam Winstone for the port maps) fitted, using a LI125 gearbox (with sprockets to match) GP crank and good old fashioned points 8) still need the forks and headset to complete the main parts list but I'm I no rush and I'm skint at the mo. Going to be satin black out of a tin, with silver rims,hubs etc. Paul

The mack daddy on the left!
ducksta

good colour choice for a bitza :D :D
live life your a long time dead
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

It'll be all the better to own for striving for it. Love it. Keep us updated.....
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
scooterslag

Been messing around with the barrel tonight, it was one of those '99p bargains' off fleabay and was advertised as a LI150 barrel and piston so I thought I'd give it a punt and won this

Bit of a rusty dog to be sure and it at some point someone had indulged in a spot of home-tuning though I use that term lightly

As you can see its had a bit of a butchering at some point, its just a 150cc barrel of unknown origin, the castings quite rough in places and I'm wondering if it could be one of a batch of poorly made 150/175 barrels that came into the country years ago. what I know about these top-ends is that the quality of the steel was a bit crap and so they wore out pretty quickly

The fat ringed piston which came with the barrel

Now I plan to take the barrel to 175 and match it to a suitable piston. The problem I have is that the inlet and exhaust ports have been taking out too far to be safely run without the risk of the rings snagging on the ports. I was planning to use a wire-ringed SR175 piston to get around this but they seem to have had a bad press. Has anyone ran one off these pistons without any issues?
If the quality of the barrel is a bit wank or I bugger the piston up then I haven't really lost too much cash wise. I'm planning to run it using a 22mm Delorto carb and standard exhaust because I have them already and I quite like the tractability of a standard pipe over the more revvy clubman. Any tips, info, opinions with be gratefully received. Paul
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Can't offer anything really except that it will be interesting to follow your build if you could do some sort of blog as and when. Good luck with the build mate, I'm sure you will be just as happy with it knowing you haven't had to pay ££££
scooterslag

Cheers chap :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information