Winter Model, Summer Restoration...

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
Fenian Mick

Some really good work going on. Keep the updates coming its a great post.

On the look out for a winter model for myself so might be picking your brain some of your findings sometime soon
soulsurfer

It's been really slow on this too, but I popped in to the bodyshop yesterday, expecting to throw it all in the car and tell him to pokevitcand no more referrals from me, only to see my frame in the oven ready to etch prime. Unfortunately I had to stop him as it still needs welding and beating, also the legshields and footboards need to be fitted to the frame and fettled before the frame goes for blasting and powder coating.
Bless him :-?

Standard is not an option :evil:
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Andy Pickering
Main scooter: GP

eden wrote:I have to say, that looks like MB have done a great job with that switch housing!
:o

:D If you ask Mark really nicely he might do one for you....there again he might say not :D :D

Im with Eden its a cracking piece of work by MB
Ricspeed, gone but never forgotten RIP my friend #59
soulsurfer

I collected the re-upholstered seat today from the man known as Andy Nixon.

From this...

...to this...

Unbelievably it is the same seat :shock: It required the back edge to be extended prior to covering, an excellent job in my opinion :D
clyde

Have you filled the hole in the foot board? Just checked mine andthink its got one in exactly the same place!! Must be a pressing to be exactly the same.
Looking for some spanish parts myself if anyone can help. Not winter model just S2 (headlight, speedo mechanism and a S1 rear light lens for starters, followed by levers etc etc)
clyde

Forgot to say mines was the same colour behind the horncast.
soulsurfer

It's been very slow on this project this year, mainly due to the bodyshop doing next to nothing whilst watching the bare blasted metal rusting, so I took the opportunity to rescue it back to my garage. I've lined up another painter but really need to get on with the full dry build and hopefully have this finished over the Xmas break.

After some tw@77ing with a hammer I managed to get the floorboards lining up on the frame albeit with a large panel gap under the side panels. After examining many pictures of Spanish and Italian models I've come to the conclusion this is normal on the Spanish variety...

...and that the seat arch is taller resulting in the reason for the unique bridge piece...

A lot more to do, but its a start

Another thing bugging me is the radius on the rear foot boards not matching the legshield :-? Is this normal?

soulsurfer

Well, some more slow progress, the dry build is done and some chrome powder coating...

Hope to have the seat arch, toolbox door etc. painted in the next couple of weeks, but not holding my breath...
soullad
Dealer

As ever, great attention to detail Mike. You've no damper top lugs welded on for your bgm dampers, are you using clamp on brackets instead?
Don't suppose you could pm me the contact details of the guy who turned the rim into a silk purse? :D
MADSPEEDRB260
Main scooter: lambretta gp200

Looking good well done...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information